who_shot_kr: (this should be simple math)
[personal profile] who_shot_kr
So. God of War: Ghost of Sparta.

Some thoughts:

1.) This game lacks the ridiculous amounts of combat with which the previous entries in the series mad a name for themselves. While that makes the game feel weird - in the sense that you're wearing the wrong shoe on your foot - I kind of like it. It was always the puzzles and the scenery that drew me to the game in the first place. (Though to be honest, the brutal kills are nice after a looong day at work).

2.) It seems like you go forever in this game with just the Blades of Athena, one magic spell, and then one weird-ass sideways upgrade (Blades of Thera: FIRE SWORD-CHAKUS). Then there's a section right before the last leg of the game where the upgrades kind of rain down from the heavens in one massive downpour. Makes me think this title was a bit rushed.

3.) I can see why a lot of the gaming mags bitched about the boss battles in this game. I'm playing on normal, and though I usually die once per boss, that's usually all that I have been dying. (Except for Fucking Midas.) Enter all the hardcore gamers whining about everything being "too easy."

4.) Annnd once you acquire the Arms of Sparta, the whining sharply increases in volume. Max this baby out, and you have a game-breaking weapon of awesome. Couple that with the Scourge of Erinys spell and booyah.

5.) I found out that I missed a special item all because I didn't bang the chicks at the brothel long/hard/often enough. Ugh. Very annoyed. Not only because I missed one of the Sekrit New Game + upgrades, but those scenes have always been kind of skeevy to me.

6.) This game has face-huggers. You heard me.

7.) Just like any Castlevania title will have you swearing, "THOSE GODDAMNED HARPIES, GET THE FUCK OFF/AWAY FROM ME." Especially heinous: the kind that shoot those massive heat-seeking fireballs to the ground. HATE THEM.

8.) I have spent the last ten minutes giggling because oh, this game. I'm the underground of a razed Atlantis, and I have been using the nipples from the massive Poseidon statues as grappling points so that I can move around the debris and the waterfalls.

I'm in the Death area now, so I must be getting close to the final boss. :3 Maybe I can beat this sucker tonight.


EDIT: I just found the Horrible Rape Radius. Multiple armor cyclopses (cyclopii?) and two of those [expletive deleted] wraiths. You know, the ones that send the spikes up through the floor to paralyse you just long enough for the cyclops to grab you up and love you and squeeze you and call you George? asjdfnaksjdfna. *froths*


EDIT: Annnnd that's all she wrote, folks. FINAL BOSS BEATEN, LONNNNNNNNNNG CREDITS DEFATED. (lol, I don't understand that last scene though; it's been so long since I played GOW/GOW2 and I never played GOW3. Will have to google or something.

Profile

who_shot_kr: (Default)
who_shot_kr

February 2011

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
1314151617 1819
20212223242526
2728     

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 04:48 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios